At Superbooth 16 in Berlin, Bastl Instruments introduced three additions to their modular lineup: Dynamo, Tromsø and Hendrikson.
In addition, they introduced two new complete modular systems, both focused on signal processing: Bob and Bobek, and an upgrade to their flagship modular system Rumburack 2.0.
Here are the details:
- Dynamo is combination of 3 utility modules: envelope follower, comparator and voltage controlled switch. It combines Envelope Follower and comparator to extract gate from the envelope. On top of that there is full-wave rectifier output |EF IN| and Compressor CV curve generator.
- Tromsø is a combination of 3 basic utility modules: VCO, Comparator and Sample & Hold. Internal normalisation allows you to instantly use it as voltage controllable analog downsampler. The sample rate is set by VCO Rate and a sort of “dry/wet” mix effect which is achieved by adjusting the Threshold when in the Track & Hold mode.
- Hendrikson is a guitar/ instrument amplifier and an interface for external effects processors like stomp boxes. The most unique feature is the mix output which is CV controllable crossfader between the signal that goes to the Output and signal that comes to the Input. This means that when used with external effects processor, this gives CV control of one of the most important parameters – the Dry / Wet Mix. This is especially interesting when using with fuzz or distortion effects for waveshaping basic waveforms.
Bob and Bobek are analog processing modular systems designed with live performance in mind. Instrument amplifier input and line / guitar level output mean that it can work with almost any instrument.
Both modular cases have a bottom insert for standard microphone stand, which makes them look great on the stage! All modules and wooden enclosures are locally sourced and hand crafted in Brno, Czech Republic.
Rumburack 2.0 is a powerful compact modular system. Its advanced sequencing capabilities make it self contained performance instrument.
The system features analog VCF, VCA, VCO, mixer & kick digital sequencing, complex modulation & sampling. The system is able to create several voices, to create complex melodic and rhythmical motives.
Pricing and Availability
Prices excluding VAT:
- Dynamo – 109 eur
- Tromsø – 109 eur
- Hendrikson – 109
- Rumburack 2.0 – 2149 eur
- Bobek analog signal processing system – 659 eur
- Bob advanced analog signal processing system – 1239
All are expected to ship in early June, 2016. See the Bastl site for details.