At Musikmesse 2016: Interface-maker iConnectivity has announced that the iConnectAUDIO2+, the latest in their series of audio and MIDI interfaces for Mac, PC, and iOS, is now shipping.
iConnectAUDIO2+ accommodates mics, synths, MIDI, instruments, speakers, headphones, and up to two computer devices simultaneously (Mac/PC/iOS). It features two “premium” combo inputs and six outputs, including an independent headphone mix and assignable direct monitoring. iConnectivity’s Audio and MIDI passThru technologies allow flexible routing between everything connected.
The most-used functions on the interface can be controlled from its touch panel, and iConnectivity’s iConfig software for iOS, MAC, and PC is included for setting up flexible audio and MIDI routing. Snapshots are then stored in flash memory on the device.
Here’s the video for the iConnectAUDIO2+, from its introduction at the 2016 Winter NAMM Show:
- 2 XLR 1/4” TRS combo analog inputs, each with individual +48V phantom power toggle and impedance switching
- 4 1/4” TRS balanced analog outputs
- 1/4” Headphone output with independent mix
- Multi-host Device ports – use with up to two computer devices (Mac/PC/iOS) at the same time
- Audio passThru routes audio digitally between computer devices
- 1 X 1 MIDI DIN in/out
- iConfig software (Mac/PC/iOS) makes it simple to set up of filtering/routing/mixing/merging scenes – which are also stored in flash memory on the device
- High-resolution audio – up to 24-bit/96kHz AD/DA conversion
- USB Audio 2.0 and USB MIDI 1.0 Class-Compliant
- Capacitive touch display and control surface
- USB Bus powered
- Charges an iOS device when used with optional power supply (not included)
iConnectAUDIO2+ will be on display this week at the 2016 Musikmesse in Frankfurt, Germany.
Pricing and Availability. iConnectAUDIO2+ is available now and retails at an estimated street price of $199.99 US at iConnectivity resellers worldwide. For more information, check out the iConnectivity website.