FeelYourSound has released Sundog 2.5.0, an update to the songwriting application that adds support for over 500 popular chord progressions.
Sundog works standalone and connects to any DAW via MIDI. The new version adds many new features to create chord progressions, melodies, basslines, and arpeggios.
The key new features in version 2.5.0 are:
- There are over 500 chord progressions included in this release. A dedicated
chord progression search engine can be used to find the best ones for any
musical genre. It’s also possible to save and load own progressions.
- Sundog 2.5 includes a new Live Preview mode. When this mode is active, it’s
possible to change chords inside the Chords View and directly hear how these
changes affect your basslines, arpeggios, and melodies.
This video demonstrates the features in action:
Other new features and changes
- New Chords menu entry: Search chord progressions. Shortcut: Ctrl+F (Mac:
Cmd+F) in Chords View.
- New Chords menu entry: Load and save chord progressions.
- Change chords in Chords View while playing. You can activate the old behaviour
with “Settings-> Chords View: Follow playback”.
- Chords View: Use the “-1 octave” switch to play chords one octave below the
active octave (other options: right click on a chords button; press ‘o’ on your
keyboard; play on the MIDI keyboard).
- New shortcuts in Chords View: Insert (insert progression slot); Ctrl+Delete
(delete progression slot). On Mac: Ctrl+Return (insert); Ctrl+Backspace (delete)
- New Chords menu entry: Loop chord progression to different length.
- New Chords menu entry: Stretch chord progression to different length.
- Timestamps in Windows log file.
- Bugfix: Prevent crashes on the chords page when the base note is very high or
- Bugfix: Paste chord progression with different length.
- MIDI keyboard input in Chords View: If Chord Mods are active, C# and D# will
activate the left or right chord mod respectively.
- Tooltips. Deactivate in “Settings -> Show tooltips”.
- New shortcut: Switch between Main View and Chords View with Tab.
Pricing and Availability
Sundog 2.5 is available now for US $49 / €44. The update is free for existing customers.