The Love Hulten Voxarray 61 is a modular music environment, inspired by iconic vintage designs:
Its main body, crafted from ash, is divided into two segments. The clamshell style synth rests on a weighty 4-legged stand, handmade from steel.
A ball handle applied to fold/open the lid doubles as pitch and modulation when detached and inserted next to the semi-weighted MIDI keyboard.
The top lid stores an array of analog and digital audio modules, and like other modular synthesizers, they connect using a variety of patch cords, creating a matrix patching system. To use external devices, just patch them through the matrix. A custom-made dynamic microphone on top completes the setup.
Heres a video demo:
The Voxarray 61 is based on these commercial components:
- Meeblip Anode – Monophonic synthesizer
- PianoBox Mini – Midi module
- TC Helicon VoiceTone C1 – Hardtune and correction
- TC Electronic M350 – Effects & reverb processor
- TC Electronic Ditto Looper – Looper
- Boss OS-2 – OverDrive/Distortion
- Behringer UM2 – Audio interface
- Behringer MS16 – Monitors
- Sennheiser E835 – Dynamic microphone
Love Hulten builds custom designs on commission. See his site for details.