Reader Steven Lipcsei let us know about a free patch librarian that he’s developed for the Korg Radias synthesizer.
- read/write the original RADIAS Editor’s .rdl files;
- store more then 256 programs;
- sort programs by program number, program name, programmer name or comment;
- set the program category, programmer name and comment on multiple programs;
- randomize the synthesizer parameters by 10 groups;
The Korg Radias Librarian is a free download from Lipcsei’s site.
Note: It’s a Java application – so Java is required on your computer in order to run it.
7 thoughts on “Free Patch Librarian For Korg Radias”
Nice add on for an awesome synth
Then why is the Radikal Technologies Accelerator shown in the header when you’re discussing the Korg Radias ?
Thanks for posting this. BTW, lot’s more good things for some of my favorite synths on his site.
For your information: I updated the librarian to v2. There are new features and all known bugs fixed.
– improved microKORG, MS2000 and R3 converting;
– importing/converting microKORGXL mkxlall files;
– the program randomizer has got 16 groups;
– a timbre combinator – you can collect timbres to a new program from any in the library;
– MODSEQ randomizer;
– the MIDI section has got a “Rescan devices” button – you can resetting the MIDI devices, not needed to restart the librarian (ie. the RADIAS is restarted, USB problem, etc.);
– the Librarian has got a “Remove duplicates” button – it keep just the first same named programs;
– the vocoder patches are more better converted;
– the TimbreCombinator section’s bug is corrected. Now the right timbre’s assigned ARP/SEQ is moved from source to TESTProgram.
– the R3 and microKORGXL patches are did not stayed in RADIAS memory after power off even thought you wrote it. Now it’s solved. There is a button on Library Import/Export tab to correct that mistake in the old libraries, so you don’t need to reconverting the imported programs!
The LiPI’s RADIAS Librarian can use on ALL OS (all Windows, all MAC, etc…) 🙂
The librarian is still free/donationware downloadable from http://lipi.atw.hu
hi LipI! i have el capitan os but i have a problem whit the librarian i can’t send programs in to mi radias when i click on the right side of the librarian on mi radias screen it right transmit but the sound remans the same i had windows 10 and it works whit the same setup on mi radias thanks
Yes, your problem was known. The problem is caused by the MAC OS broken JAVA implementation. It does not handle the system exclusive messages, just the short messages (CC, PC, etc…). My librarian is based on sysex messages…
So, I did research on the net for solution and I find one. The last weak it was tested and released!
The v2.1 is work on MAC OS 10 and 10.1. After you downloaded and installed the new version (all files and folders have to be rewritten) you should select the MIDI device what is begin with “CoreMIDI4J – ” and it’s will work!
Anyway there is a new feature in v2.1: you can create a Cakewalk instrument file from the import table for DAW usages…
ps.: sorry for the late answer!
pourquoi vous dite Free Patch Librarian For Korg Radia surtout qu il est payant