Developer Serge Defever let us know about the DreamBlaster X2, an advanced Waveblaster-compatible and USB-Compatible MIDI synthesizer board.
“You can just plug X2 in USB or on your Soundblaster, and play,” notest Defever. “I think it is very suitable for integrating in DIY projects, as well!”
- Small form factor MIDI PCB : 65mm x 38mm size
- Black color PCB
- Dream 5000 series synth chip with 81 voices polyphony, high quality effects engine
- Waveblaster compatible connector for use on soundcards and DIY projects.
- Super low latency <1ms
- 64mbyte flash for soundbank data
- USB MIDI in (Class compliant midi device, works on windows XP without drivers)
- Stereo line out using a high quality 24 bit DAC
- Preloaded with a high quality 16 megabyte Dream General MIDI soundbank (http://dream.fr/pdf/Serie5000/Soundbanks/GMBK5X128.pdf)
- DreamBlaster Acoustic Preset editor / USB uploader tool for advanced customization/tweaking.
Here’s a video demo, via PhilsComputerLab:
Pricing and Availability
The DreamBlaster X2 is available now for € 75,00.