Sundog is a standalone composition software for Windows and macOS that connects to any DAW via MIDI. With Sundog it is possible to quickly develop new chord progressions, melodies, bass lines, and arpeggios. All songs can be exported as standard MIDI files.
Sundog 3.0 adds new song-writing and usability features.
Key new features:
- Automatic chord progression optimizations (“Chords” menu): “Minimize finger movement”, “Minimize bass note movement”, “Minimize highest note movement”.
- GM compatible preview synth with 128 instruments included.
- Higher resolution for chord progressions: Deactivate “Settings -> Chords View: Show reduced (quarter notes) timeline when possible” if you want to work with sixteenth notes in your chord progressions.
- Own pattern search page: Search through over 200 patterns with special search options.
- New pattern structure: Sundog ships with over 200 patterns now, organized in subfolders.
- Instrument menu with special pattern actions: “Reverse pattern”, “Remove stop symbols from pattern”, “Reset volumes in pattern”, “Stretch pattern to double length”.
- Advanced pattern settings: Randomize velocity.
- Advanced pattern settings: Keep overlapping notes pressed when chords change.
- Advanced pattern settings: Work with more than one pattern for this instrument.
Pricing and Availability
Sundog Song Studio 3.0 is available now, from the FeelYourSound website. Normally priced at 55 EUR / $59 US, it is available until April 23, at an introductory price of 44 EUR / $49 US. The update is free for all current Sundog Song Studio users.
The demo version, and additional product information, is available here: http://feelyoursound.com/sundog/