Winter Modular shared this video demo of the new Eloquencer sequencer, making its official debut at Superbooth 17, being held April 20-22, 2017 in Berlin.
The Eloquencer is an 8-track ‘Controlled Chance’ step sequencer for Eurorack modular synthesizers.
It has been built around the “controlled chance” concept. This means you can decide when and where there will be randomness and how much this randomness will affect your sequences.
It features 8 tracks of CVs and Gates in a 16 step disposition, but with the ability to define larger bar counts or chaining patterns to build multiple song parts of 256 steps each. Parameters like CV, Gate, Gate Length and Ratcheting can be randomized in different ways to obtain permanently evolving patterns. Many of the parameters can be linked to the CV inputs to give additional layers of variation.
An OLED screen provides contextual feedback for all the parameters, and it’s also used to navigate through the menus.
- Gate probability independent for each step or track.
- CV, CV Variation Probability, and CV Variation Range adjustable for each step or track.
- Gate Lenght, Gate Length Variation Probability, and Gate Variation Range adjustable for each step or track.
- Ratcheting Type, Ratcheting Probability, and Ratcheting Variation Probability adjustable for each step or track.
- Tempo and shuffle adjust
- CV Outputs quantizable in tone / scale
- Different step modes ( forward, backward, pendulum, random) independent for each track and pattern.
- Track length independent for each track and pattern
- Track shifting independent for each track or a group of tracks.
- Fill in mode (pressing the track buttons will fill all the gates of the desired tracks).
- Quantized (time and pitch) Live recording (Cvs and Gates)
- Free play mode (using the step buttons keyboard)
- Song Mode (64 songs parts can be build, each song part contains a sequence of 16 patterns; a song can be build chaining up to 256 song parts)
- LFO Mode (not available in the current OS release, coming soon)
- Mod Mode (not available in the current OS release, coming soon)
- Mute Mode
- Randomize function to create new patterns, or do partial changes to existing ones
- Cvs and Gates can be unlinked to have two independent channels
- CV inputs can be assigned to many parameters ( Step and probabilities, Mute, Fill in, track shift…)
- Duplicate function to create different patterns while editing in step modes.
- Freeze and revert function – Create a screenshot of your pattern, modify it, and go back to the previous freezed pattern
- Master track concept – The pattern changes or the synchronization/resetting of tracks occurs when the master track reaches its end. The master track can be a track, or an internal clock that can be configured between 1 and 64 steps.
- Release Reset track – A track can be released from its relation to the master track, so it won’t reset everytime the master track reach its end.
- Integrated microSD card reader to save projects, do back ups of your projects, and have different cards with different sets.
- Open Source – the code can be modified using the Arduino IDE and a USB cable. (open source code will be available at a later stage)
Inputs & Outputs:
- 8 V/oct CV Output
- 8 Trigger / Gate Output
- Reset Input
- External Clock Input (configurable. i.e: can be used as a clock divider / multiplier)
- Aux Output (configurable)
- Clock Output (configurable. i.e: can be used as a clock divider / multiplier)
- 2 CV Input (assignable to different parameters)
Pricing and Availability
The Eloquencer is priced at 550€ and will ship starting in May, 2017. See the Winter Modular site for more info.