2017 Summer NAMM Show: Hotone has introduced the XTOMP mini, a ‘leaner’ version of their XTOMP Bluetooth Modeling Effects Pedal.
Both pedals feature 100+ digital effects that you can customize via a mobile or desktop app. The mini is smaller, mono vs stereo and doesn’t support combo effects.
- Solid aluminum alloy stompbox design
- Buffered bypass On/Off footswitch (100% pure analog signal path)
- Six transparent parameter knobs with LEDs
- CDCM technology generates realistic/natural tones and effects
- 24-bit A/D/A conversion
- 105dB signal-to-noise ratio
- 20Hz–20kHz frequency response
- 30+ ampli er/cabinet models
- 60+ pedal effect models
- 50+ Hotone original effects
- Growing model/effects library (monthly updates)
- Free mobile app (iOS and Android) for loading/manag- ing rmware updates/effects via Bluetooth
- Free desktop app (Windows and macOS) for loading/ managing rmware updates/effect
Pricing and Availability
The XTOMP mini is available for US $149.99, while the original is priced at $249.99.
3 thoughts on “Hotone Intros XTOMP mini Multi-Effects Pedal”
It seems similar to Zoom’s MS-100BT (discontinued), of which I have two. That pedal is impressively versatile, and allows you to chain up to six effects (within CPU limitations). The MS-100BT has three multi-function push-knobs and a display that helps you see what you are adjusting.
I wonder how the selection and quality of effects on the Xtomp compare. It won’t be too difficult for them to surpass the Zoom on making effective use of an iOS device, but Zoom did an impressive job with many of the effect modules within their bluetooth stomper.
Digitech have the iStomp.
I like that they’re not doing the TC thing where TonePrints are artificially limited to the type of pedal you bought but in a world with the Zoom MS pedals, it’s hard to see/hear a reason for these.
Handsome though. If the models sound great, I guess three of these is cheaper than something like the Timeline and would allow you to reconfigure your fx on the fly. And each one has more control knobs than most small pedals.