Akai Professional has announced the official release of MPC 2.0, after an extensive beta testing period.
MPC 2.0 features audio track recording, real-time time-stretch and pitch-shifting, Ableton Link support and more.
MPC 2.0 is Mac- and PC-compatible, works either standalone or integrates into your DAW of choice as a VST, AU, AAX plug-in.
In addition to its redesigned interface, MPC 2.0 has added an extensive set of new features including:
- Audio track recording
- Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting
- Audio and MIDI drag-and-drop
- Redesigned user interface
- Ableton Link support
- 64-bit audio
- Bluetooth 4.0 MIDI support
- Advanced signal routing capability – submixes FX returns, multi-output support
- Reimagined mixer layout
- Enhanced Q-Link control
Supported MPC models are: MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Touch, MPC Studio Black, MPC Renaissance, MPC Studio, MPC Element and the MPK2 line of keyboard controllers.
MPC 2.0 Upgrade Paths The upgrade paths for all current MPC owners are as follows:
- MPC X: FREE
- MPC Live: FREE
- MPC Touch: FREE
- MPC Studio Black: FREE if registered after January 1, 2017/ $99.99 if registered before MPC Renaissance: $99.99
- MPC Studio: $99.99
- MPC Element: $149.99
- MPK225, MPK249, MPK261: $149.99
The Vault 2.0. The Vault 2.0 is a “curated collection” featuring over 10GB of “hard-hitting, amazing sounding” samples and instruments from some of the world’s premier sample library companies including: CAPSUN ProAudio, Loopmasters, Toolroom, MVP Loops, as well as Akai Professional’s own custom sounds. When purchased as the MPC Plus bundle, MPC 2.0 and The Vault 2.0 are available at a discounted rate.
MPC Plus (MPC 2.0 and The Vault 2.0) Bundle Pricing
- MPC Studio / MPC Studio Black: $169.99
- MPC Renaissance $169.99
- MPC Element: $199.99
- MPK225, MPK249, MPK261: $199.99
For more information, visit the Akai Professional website.