Blamsoft has released VK-1 Viking Synthesizer, previously released as a Rack Extension, in VST format for Mac & Windows.
VK-1 Viking Synthesizer is an emulation of a classic monophonic analog synthesizer. It has three continuously variable wave oscillators, two ladder filters with a Dual Lowpass or Highpass/Lowpass configuration, a multi-wave LFO, and two modulation busses.
- VK-1 comes with 228 presets in the categories Bass, Bright Lead, Electro Bass, FX, Percussive Lead, Soft Lead, and Synthwave.
- Oscillators – At the heart of VK-1 are three adjustable wave oscillators. The continuously variable waveform knob gives the oscillators a unique sound that can’t be achieved with the fixed waveforms found in most synths. A noise oscillator provides three types of noise.
- Modulation – Two modulation busses and an LFO provide flexible modulation capabilities.
- Filter – The filter is a classic transistor ladder filter modeled meticulously. Different drive modes are available for adding grit. The number of poles is adjustable for a wider range of filter sounds.
- New for VST – The graphics of VK-1 have been completely redone with Retina support.
- Using experience gained over the past several years, the sound quality has also been enhanced to sound more ‘rich, smooth, and creamy’.
Pricing and Availability
VK-1 is available now with a pay-what-you-want model. No dongle, online account, or license key is needed. You are requested to make a payment using Paypal. The suggested price is $59/€59.
If you’ve used VK-1, leave a comment and let us know what you think of it!