Moogfest organizers have announced Phase 1 & 2 of their lineup for the 2018 edition of the event, which will feature Mouse On Mars, Kelela, KRS-One, Jon Hopkins, and others.
- Masterclasses, workshops, and keynotes;
- Two performances by Mouse on Mars, Jon Hopkins, and Little Boots.
- A sonic installation hosting original creations by nine artists;
- A headlining performance by R&B visionary Kelela.
- A Sleep Concert by members of Bedroom Community, plus durationals by Wes Borland and Gareth Jones + Nick Hook.
What Is A3 (Audio Cubed)?
A3 will host an immersive, 360-degree sound system with 24 independent sources. Organizers describe it as “the most advanced sonic environment of its size”. Performers will be able to articulate sound from every angle, enveloping the listener within an elevated, multi-sensory experience.
In addition to previously announced artists Jenny Hval and Aurora Halal, new Spatial Sound additions include:
- Mouse on Mars, who will feature the interactive creations of robotics designer Sonic Robots with special guest Spank Rock;
- Suzanne Ciani, who returns with LAYNE to premiere her live score of the 1920 German horror classic, “The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari,” in quadraphonic sound;
- Valgeir Sigurðsson, who will perform his 2017 release “Dissonance” alongside Liam Byrne; and
- Yves Tumor, who will unveil a new audio-visual show with a live visual mix by designer Ezra Miller.
- Shabazz Palaces, Author & Punisher, and Waajeed round out the artists commissioned for the Spatial Sound program.
See the Moogfest site for details.