Elektron today announced beta testing for Overbridge 2.0.
The company also released updates for the operating systems for all Analog machines, Digitakt, and Digitone to prepare them for the long-awaited overbridge. Current Overbridge users will probably want to wait to update their operating systems, though, because the update breaks compatibility with Overbridge 1.15.
Overbridge promises to let you:
- Fully integrate your Elektron instruments with DAWs like Ableton Live, Cubase, Logic, Bitwig, Studio One and others
- Control Elektron instruments with dedicated software plugins
- Stream multi-channel audio over USB
- Affect computer audio with hardware instrument processing
- Recall all instrument settings when loading a DAW project
- Make your Elektron instrument function as a stand alone sound card
If you’re interested in being part of the beta test of Overbridge 2.0, you can sign up at the Elektron site.