U-He has released Colour Copy, a software implementation of the vintage bucket-brigade delay (BBD) effect.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
“We called our new baby ‘Colour Copy’ because it can deliver the kind of colouration people still love in classic BBD units, but with a wider variety of colours.
- BBD-style analog delay, for the smoothest possible pitch effects
- Unique colour morphing, with saturation for non-linear effects such as distortion / resonance
- 1ms to 1s or host-synched time base, scaled via rate control from 25% to 400%
- Dynamic ducking via envelope follower, with an option that preserves the initial delay
- LFO (with dynamic frequency and depth) can modulate rate, tap position or amplitude.
- MIDI note tracking and Freeze button (infinite loop) for wildest experimental effects
- Powerful preset browser with tag and/or text search functions
- Independent input and feedback routing options allow all possible stereo or mono combinations
- 100 factory presets, NKS-compatible
- UI instantly resizable from 70% to 200%
- Custom remote control via MIDI CC, 14-bit resolution option
Pricing and Availability
Colour Copy is available now, for Mac & Windows, for €69.
One thought on “U-He Intros Colour Copy Bucket Brigade Delay Effect”
Very cool and it lets me do way beyond what I kind of have been doing with Sound Forge’s multi tap delay for years now, i.e. FX blooms, regeneration rhythms, etc,.but with much more control and even more powerful sonic manipulations. I will be buying this.