The latest RetroSound video takes a look at resynthesis, sampling, Fourier Analysis & wavetable synthesis using a classic PPG Wave 2.2 / Waveterm A System.
The video shows sample analysis and programming of new wave and wavetables for the PPG wave 2.2 Synthesizer – and how to save the results to old-school 8″ floppy disks.
Topics covered include:
- Creation of Waves and Wavetables
- Fourier Analysis / resonator
- Additive synthesis
- 8 bit Sampling for the WAVE 2.2
- Sequencer / event generator
- Storage of sounds on 8″ disk