Audio Damage has introduced Enso – a new looper plugin for iOS, Mac & Windows.
They say that “Enso is fairly easy to use, but it is also super deep.” It offers standard looping features, but can also create loops up to 10 minutes in length, offers tape-style effects, has full CC control support and more.
- Full Automatic Looping Engine
- Dub In Place – Enso can either work like a traditional digital looper, where the input is mixed with the buffer contents, then sent to effects, or like a tape looper, where the effects and speed changes are included in the feedback path.
- Sector Crossfading – Define four different start and end points. Crossfade between them, and overdub or re-record within them.
- Effects Section – Enso has user-controllable “tape style” saturation and hiss, high- and low-pass filters, and a stereo chorus for thickening and carving your loop.
- Full MIDI CC Implementation – Enso has an assignable MIDI CC page for controlling most features of the looping engine. It is tuned for foot control, but will work with any MIDI CC source.
- Independent Play And Record Head Control – Both the play and record heads have a through-zero speed control, from -4x to +4x, with text entry values and selectable inc and dec values.
- Multi-Format Audio Loader – Enso can load AIFF, WAV, Broadcast WAV, FLAC, MP3, and Ogg in any sample rate, bit depth, and channel configuration.
- Buffer Save – Enso can save its buffer contents as a WAV file.
- Extra Long Loops – Enso can record or load up to 10 minutes of audio (5 minutes in iOS version) in Long Memory mode.
- Cross-Platform Preset Format – Enso utilizes an XML-based preset manager, and optionally stores the buffer within the preset for easy asset management. Work between multiple systems without troubles, make a preset on your desktop machine and paste it to the iOS version with Handoff, easily share your creations with your friends, or make a preset bundle to sell, no asset management required.
- Fully Resizable Hi-Dpi/Retina GUI – Enso’s vector-based GUI is resolution-agnostic, and displays the same on every system and resolution. Easily resize the UI (per instance) to match your visual needs, from postage stamp to poster-sized.
Pricing and Availability
Enso is available now with introductory prices of US $59 (VST/VST3/AU/AAX) and $5.99 (iOS/AUv3) through April 4th, 2019 (normally $79 and $7.99).