Echo Fix has introduced the EF-X2 Tape Echo, described as ‘A classic effect, built for modern users’
Echo Fix got its start as a source for service and spare parts for vintage tape echo units. Now, they’ve introduced a new techno unit, designed to be an update on classic designs. It offers multiple delay heads, CV control, DSP reverb and more.
- Three core functions – tape echo, reverb, and preamp.
- Independent inputs (and level controls) for Instrument-level and Line-level applications, plus balanced input and output at rear.
- Three echo playback heads, and a Sound On Sound Head, giving 11 Head combination Settings in total.
- Adjust the echo’s Time and Feedback with Control Voltages (CV) or Expression Pedals.
- Bass and Treble control of the echo signal.
- Motor ON/Switch for tape slow down effect – or to conserve tape when only using the EF-X2’s reverb or preamp.
- State of the art DSP Reverb with independent controls.
- Mute the reverb or echo signal with a dual foot switch pedal.
- Comes with a worldwide-compatible, 100 – 240v power supply (no step-down or other transformers required).
- 3 Years Warranty
Here’s a guitar demo, with Joji Malani of Gang Of Youths:
Pricing and Availability
The Echo Fix EF-X2 Tape Echo is available for pre-order for $1,450 + $110.46 Shipping.