Eventide has introduced Instant Flanger Mk II, a new plug-in designed to emulate the original Instant Flanger hardware effect, released in 1975.
- Depth controls the intensity of the effect. 100% adds the delayed signal to the dry signal. -100 % subtracts the dry signal from the delayed signal
- Three distinct flavors of flanging. Set the Mode switch for Shallow, Deep or Wide
- Manual control allows you to control the ‘comb’ effect by turning the Big Knob
- Oscillator drives the flanging at a user defined rate
- Envelope Follower drives the flanging based on the signal’s amplitude
- Remote maps the flanging control to a mod wheel for tactile manipulation
- Bounce mimics the distinctive effect of the tape machine’s capstan motor “hunting” for its proper speed when the engineer’s thumb was lifted from the tape reel flange
- “Side Chain” allows for triggering the Envelope Follower from any source in the mix for inter-track mingling
- Exercise total control of the Oscillator with Sync and Retrig
- Tame the intensity by removing low frequencies from the flanged signal with the Low Cut control
Instant Flanger mk II Videos:
Price and Availability:
Instant Flanger Mk II is available as an AAX/AU/VST plug-in for Mac/PC at an introductory promo price of US $37.00 through April 30, 2019 (normally $129.00). A demo version is also available.