H-Pi Instruments has teamed up with mitxela on FLASH, described as “the world’s first and only very-tiny MIDI-powered polyphonic microtonal FM synthesizer”.
This little 16-voice wonder fits in your pocket and doesn’t require a power supply. It’s powered by the output of your MIDI controller.
And while it’s a minimal synth, it offers 16-voice polyphony, MIDI-CC control, microtonal tuning and more.
- Unlimited pitch General MIDI microtuning up to 16 voices polyphony
- 16 full range programmable tunings of 128 notes each = 2048 programmable fixed pitches
- voluntary pitch bending from retuned fixed-pitch centres
- Largest tuning error ~ 0.006 cents
- FM synthesis engine
- Controllable via MIDI CCs
- Voice Modes
- POLY: 16 voices, one oscillator per voice, mono LR audio output
- POLY-STEREO: 8 voices, one oscillator per voice, stereo audio output
- MONO: 1 voice, 16 oscillators layered, mono LR audio output
- Inputs and Outputs
- MIDI DIN input (for MIDI and power)
- 3,5 mm stereo headphones audio output
Pricing and Availability
The FLASH synthesizer is available now with an intro price of 129.99 € (normally 159.99 €).