The latest episode of Thorsten Quaeschning’s Behind Closed Doors live performance series features a 47-minute electronic improvisation by Quaeschning & SCHILLER (Christopher von Deylen), embedded above.
The Behind Closed Doors series an epic project that pairs Quaeschning (Tangerine Dream, Picture Palace Music) with a wide variety of other electronic musicians. The goal of the pandemic-inspired project is to create improvisations that carry the listener “off into a unique world of sound, far away from nights of monotonous entertainment.”
The series features krautrock pioneers, kosmische jammers, prog rockers, dance music producers and more, including:
- Christopher von Deylen (Schiller)
- Schwarz (Roland Meyer de Voltaire)
- Lüül (Agitation Free, Ash Ra Tempel, 17 Hippies)
- Paul Frick (Brandt Brauer Frick)
- Markus Reuter (Stick Men, King Crimson Project)
- Hoshiko Yamane (Tangerine Dream, Jane Birkin, Tukico)
- Franz Bargmann (Michael Rother’s Neu!, Ex-Camera)
- Satoshi Okamoto (sub-tle., Klaus Dinger + Japandorf)
- Benjamin Schwenen (Counter-World Experience)
- Adrian Bang (Aqua Nebula Oscillator, Chemsex)
- Anna-Maria van Reusel (APAT)
- Stephan Bobinger (Way Beyond)
The performances are being filmed with a multi-camera setup for live streaming, and subsequently being made available for on-demand streaming via Vimeo.
Quaeschning is also publishing the audio from many of the performances immediately to Bandcamp. You can preview a sample below and preview all of the performances at his Bandcamp page.