Arturia let us know that they’ve released updated firmware for their KeyStep Pro controller and sequencer.
The new firmware adds a variety of updates based on user feedback, including new features, improvements and fixes.
Here’s what’s new in KeyStep Pro firmware v1.2.6:
- Reworked MIDI In implementation – Notes sent to the track’s input MIDI channels are now processed as if these were played on the KeyStep Pro keyboard and transmitted to the MIDI and CV Outputs.
- More recording flexibility with the count in – When recording in real time, notes played prior to the recording are maintained after the start and are now recorded as well.
- Record several patterns on the fly – Patterns can now be changed while record is ON. This lets you build several patterns at one time leaving more room for your creative flow when jamming.
- Drum track time division per pattern – The drum track time division is now stored in each drum pattern and recalled when changing from one pattern to another.
- Sync Auto mode improvement – KeyStep Pro is now able to jump back to its internal clock after having been synced to an external source.
- Sync handling improvements – Synchronization accuracy has been improved and now supports all clock rate formats.
- New screen feedback messages – For some actions, new screen messages have been added to make the workflow more intuitive
The update also comes with various bug fixes and workflow improvements. For more details, check out the release notes.
See the Arturia site for details.