Roland has released major product updates for Roland Cloud, the company’s ‘cloud’ solution for offering software synths and sound libraries:
- Based on the previously released ZENOLOGY software synth, ZENOLOGY Pro delivers greatly enhanced sound design capabilities with full editing support and access to over 7000 patches.
- With Zenbeats 2.0 Ultimate Unlock, Roland’s music creation app becomes part of Roland Cloud membership for the first time. Among many new features and sounds, the updated Zenbeats 2.0 also brings integrated support for the ZC1, a new mobile-ready software synthesizer powered by Roland’s acclaimed ZEN-Core Synthesis System.
Here’s what they have to say about Zenology Pro and the Zenbeats updates:
The ZENOLOGY Pro Software Synthesizer lets Roland Cloud Pro and Ultimate members harness the full power of the ZEN-Core Synthesis System and dive deep into the world of custom sound design. ZENOLOGY Pro provides the amazing audio quality of ZENOLOGY, expanded with a comprehensive editing interface to craft inspiring new sounds.
With a nearly unlimited tool palette, users can craft sounds with four partials at once, each with choices of PCM and virtual analog waveforms, rich multimode filters, complex LFOs, and more. Step-LFOs have 16 steps of beat-synced automation with 37 curve choices per step, perfect for creating rich textures with evolving motion.
ZENOLOGY Pro offers full tone compatibility with JUPITER-X, FANTOM, and other Roland ZEN-Core hardware, and supports the ever-growing collection of Sound Packs, Wave Expansions, and Model Expansions available in Roland Cloud.
Zenbeats 2.0 and ZC1 Software Synthesizer Powered by ZEN-Core
With Zenbeats 2.0, the latest version of Roland’s popular music creation app for iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows comes to the Roland Cloud platform. Ultimate Unlock access for Zenbeats 2.0 is provided at all membership levels, offering 7 GB of presets, loops, and sounds. Like the original release of Zenbeats, the entry-level version of Zenbeats 2.0 remains available as a free app outside of Roland Cloud membership, with access to two paid upgrade levels, including Ultimate Unlock.
Zenbeats 2.0 includes many feature and workflow enhancements for free-flowing music production. The spotlight addition is ZC1, Roland’s first mobile-ready synth powered by the advanced ZEN-Core Synthesis System. Zenbeats 2.0 Ultimate Unlock unleashes the full power of ZC1 with over 800 presets and 90 built-in MFX.
Zenology Pro Intro:
Zenbeats 2.0 Intro:
Pricing and Availability
The updates bring new features to Roland Cloud users at all membership levels:
- Core (USD $29.99/year or $2.99/month) — ZENOLOGY, Zenbeats 2.0 Ultimate Unlock, ZEN-Core Sound Packs and Wave Expansions for software, and access to Lifetime Key purchases of instruments and sound content for hardware and Legendary patch collections.
- Pro (USD $99/year or $9.99/month) — ZENOLOGY Pro, Zenbeats 2.0 Ultimate Unlock, TR-808 and D-50 Legendary instruments, access to all ZEN-Core Sound Packs and Wave and Model Expansions for software and Lifetime Key purchases, plus Anthology, TERA, FLAVR, Drum Studio, and all software patches and patterns.
- Ultimate (USD $199/year or $19.99/month) — ZENOLOGY Pro, Zenbeats 2.0 Ultimate Unlock, all ZEN-Core Sound Packs, all Wave and Model Expansions, Lifetime Key purchases, all Legendary and SRX collections, Anthology, TERA, FLAVR, Drum Studio, and all software patches and patterns.
See the Roland site for details.