In this loopop video, host Ziv Eliraz takes an in-depth look at the BOSS RC-500 Loop Station, a new looper that offers up to 13 hours of recording time.
- Advanced BOSS looping features in a compact footprint
- Class-leading sound quality with 32-bit AD/DA and 32-bit floating-point processing
- Stereo looper engine with 13 hours of recording time
- LCD with multicolor backlight for viewing loop status and editing parameters
- Reverse function for infusing loops with interesting textures
- 7 Seven different drum kits and 57 preset rhythms with A/B variations
- Support for expanded control via external footswitches, an expression pedal, or MIDI
- Full MIDI I/O provided with space-saving mini TRS jacks (BMIDI-5-35 adaptor cable available
- Onboard storage for 99 phrase memories
- Back up and load WAV loops via USB
5:25 Track options
7:50 Rhythm options
10:30 Memory options
11:25 Loop FX
12:30 Custom controls
13:20 MIDI & Assign
14:55 Other settings
15:35 Pros & cons
18:05 Outro jam
One thought on “BOSS RC-500 Hands-On Demo”
Bit of a weird one for loopop to review, I would have thought the tabletops (505, 202) were more suited to synths etc..
Also, just an idea for Boss: why not use the number in the name to indicate how many tracks it supports?