Wizdom Music let us know that they’ve released GeoShred Pro 5, a major update to their iPad software instrument that makes GeoSWAM physically modeled instruments available to be played with GeoShred’s touchscreen interface or with a hardware MPE controller.
GeoShred – described as “a fusion of Jordan Rudess’ performance concepts and a powerful, modeled guitar/effects based on the Physical Modeling research of Dr. Julius O. Smith III of Stanford/CCRMA” – turns your iPad into an instrument that gives you a wide range of expressive control over each note that you play.
- In-App-Purchases (IAP) for 6 different GeoSWAM instruments, GeoViolin, GeoFlute, GeoTenoSax, GeoCello, GeoClarinet, and GeoOboe
- A fluidly expressive playing surface + a Physically modeled guitar
- Au3 plugin support on devices running iOS 11.4 or greater
- Intelligent pitch rounding
- A diatonic keyboard where every key on the screen is in the scale.
- MIDI IN/OUT and MPE support
- MIDI control using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, virtual MIDI and all digital interfaces
- MIDI configuration presets
- 3D touch on iPhones that support 3D touch
- Customizable control surface can be mapped to physical MIDI controls
- Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support.
- Backing tracks
- Multiple Modeled effects
- Modeled feedback and VCF effects
- Echo, a unique looper and multi-tap echo
- Finger vibrato, slide and fret scraping
- Unique mono mode using intervals of multiple strings.
- Built-in Arpeggiator
- Alternative tunings and temperaments
- Support for world scales and temperaments including Indian Ragas, Arabic and Balinese scales.
- Easily share presets with friends
Getting Started Video Tutorial:
Pricing and Availability
GeoShred Pro is available now for $24.99. The GeoSWAM instruments are available as In-App purchases.