Joranalogue Audio Design has introduced the Fold 6, a new Eurorack module that combines both series and parallel flavors of wavefolding.
Fold 6 features a 6-stage hybrid series/parallel topology. Having both main (series) and alternate (parallel) outputs means a single module now gives access to a wide range of wavefolding tones.
An integrated symmetrical soft clipper limits the output signals to approximately 10 Vpp, keeping the amplitude within typical Eurorack levels and making it easier to create overdriven sounds at high fold ratios. This clipping stage can be driven continuously using the shape parameter, smoothly transforming the folded waveforms into pulse waves for even more harmonic content.
Two signal inputs are included, to mix audio signals or add in a DC voltage for asymmetric folding. The symmetry can also be manually controlled using the dedicated knob. Both fold and shape parameters feature voltage control, to enable continuous timbral modulation.
- Simultaneous series and parallel analogue diode-based six-stage wavefolder in just 4 HP.
- Symmetry control allows for asymmetric folding.
- Soft clipping stage keeps output amplitudes to manageable levels.
- Voltage controlled overdrive shaping for added harmonics.
- Dual signal inputs increase patching flexibility.
- Precision-milled 2 mm anodized aluminum front panel with high-resolution, non-erasable graphics.
- ‘Bullet-proof design’: polarized power header and MOSFET protection circuit.
- Includes 16-to-10-pin Eurorack power ribbon cable.
- Premium mounting hardware: black screws, black nylon washers and matching hex key.
Pricing and Availability
The Fold 6 is available now for $160 USD.