Sonicware has introduced the Liven XFM, a new multi-track FM synth & groovebox.
The Liven XFM is a battery-powered groovebox that offers 4 FM synth engines, a 4-track sequencer and effects.
It comes with over 300 presets, for leads, keyboards, strings, winds, basses, pads, chords, drums, and sound effects. And it offers 16 physical control knobs, parameter locking for each sequencer step, a looper, and SYNC IN/OUT and MIDI IN/OUT connectors to make synchronized performance with other equipment easy.
- 15 physical control knobs
- Optional LATCH function prevents jumps in value when knob position and parameter values do not match.
- LCD dot indicates when a parameter value matches the saved value, or when the value has been changed.
- One physical encoder.
- Stereo line out (stereo 3.5mm mini jack)
- Headphone out (stereo 3.5mm mini jack)
- Compatible with Teenage Engineering Pocket Operator2 Series SYNC OUT
- LINE IN (stereo 3.5mm mini-jack)
- ‘Compatible with Teenage Engineering Pocket Operator 2 Series SYNC IN
- MIDI IN connector (5-Pin DIN type)
- MIDI OUT connector (5-Pin DIN type)
- SYNC IN jack (monaural 3.5mm mini jack)
- SYNC OUT jack (monaural 3.5mm mini jack)
- Four FM synth engines, X-LAB, XFORM, X-LFO, and LIBRARY
- 6-note polyphonic
- Voice mode
- 6-note polyphonic mode
- Mono mode
- Legato mode with adjustable glide time
- Arpeggiator modes (Up, Down, UpDown, DownUp, Up&Down, Down&Up, Up+1, Up+2, Down-1, Down-2, Random, Play Order)
- Low Pass
- High Pass
- Band Pass
- Each track has its own filter envelope.
- Send Delay
- Insert Delay
- Bit Crusher
- Low Pass
- High Pass
- Each track has one LFO which can affect both pitch and filter cutoff.
- Adjustable LFO Shapes.
- Adjustable start time delay for each LFO.
- 512 FM sound memory slots (16 x 32 banks)
- 4 tracks
- Up to 64 steps per pattern
- 128 patterns
- Step length can be set from 1/1 to 1/32
- Enter longer notes (Tie)
- Track level and pan can be set independently
- FX send amount can be set independently for each track
- Pattern BPM / Global BPM can be set
- Step copy and paste function
- Track copy and paste function
- Transpose function
- Real-time recording
- Directly enter notes for each step when sequencer is on or off
- Parameter lock function
- Random playback function (Playback step size can be set)
- Stutter function
- Note Trigger probability can be set between 25% and 100%
- Pattern chain function
- Metronome and pre-count function
- Swing function
- Notes, control changes, clock input/output
- IMPORT/EXPORT of user data
- Firmware update via Sysex
Pricing and Availability
The Sonicware LIVEN XFM is available now for pre-order for about $200.