Dr. Aaron Lanterman, a Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Georgia Tech, let us know that he is teaching his ECE4450: Analog Circuits for Music class online in the Spring 2021 semester, due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
He is posting his new video lectures on his Youtube channel, where they are freely available. We have also embedded his video playlist above.
Topics covered in his course include:
- Historical perspective
- Demonstration of a modular synthesizer
- Circuit theory review (emphasis on operational amplifiers)
- Operational transconductance amplifiers (OTAs)
- Voltage-controlled amplifiers
- Linear current sources
- Voltage-controlled oscillators
- Sawtooth cores (comparators with resettable integrators)
- Temperature-compensated exponential current sources
- Triangle cores (comparators and integrators with current switches)
- Basic waveshaping circuits