The SSL 1620 Nurse Ratchet module is produced in collaboration Befaco and is based on their Eurorack format Burst module.
The module is a trigger processor and generator, designed to add an organic chain of events (bursts) to your modular setup. Each time it is activated, either manually or with an external trigger, the selected number of triggers are generated.
You can control Time Division, Distribution, Quantity, and Probability of the bursts, using panel controls or CV’s. This means you can sync the module to your sequencer’s trigger output and then create all kinds of ratcheting effects, with divisions and multiplications leading to doubles, triplets, quintuplets, and polyrhythms.
You can also use it with very short time windows to create fast transients for clap sounds; as a master clock with tap-tempo; and to create non-linearly distributed clocks.
- Custom trigger bursts up to 64 triggers.
- Voltage Control burst Quantity with dedicated attenuator.
- One Shot and Cycle play modes activated via manual controls or dedicated Trig Input.
- Pingable clock input.
- Voltage Control burst Distribution, Time Division and Probability.
- Tempo and End of Cycle individual outputs for sync other modules.
We have not seen an 0fficial demo for the Nurse Ratchet yet, but here is Ben Wilson’s (DivKid) demo of the Befaco Euro version, Burst:
Pricing and Availability
The SSL 1620 Nurse Ratchet is available now for $345 USD.