At the 2021 Summer NAMM Show, BOSS has introduced the EURUS GS-1, a guitar with an onboard synth engine.
BOSS says that the EURUS GS-1 infuses a premium instrument with advanced guitar synthesis techniques, refined over more than four decades. The instrument has the sound, feel, and detail you’d expect from a pro-quality guitar, paired with a polyphonic BOSS synth engine.
And with onboard Bluetooth, you can customize synth sounds and control multiple performance parameters with the convenience of wireless connectivity.
- “Cutting-edge” BOSS electronic guitar
- Seamlessly switch between synthesizer and regular guitar sounds
- Six onboard memories for storing different synth sounds
- Premium playability with 24-fret neck, compound radius rosewood fingerboard, and offset double-cutaway body design
- Two custom-designed pickups and five-way selector switch
- Gotoh two-point tremolo bridge and locking machine heads
- Independent ¼-inch outputs for synth and regular guitar sounds
- Deep editing of synth sounds via dedicated app for iOS and Android devices
- Onboard Bluetooth for connecting with editor app and optional EV-1-WL Wireless MIDI Expression Pedal
- USB for system updates via a Mac or Windows computer
- Synth engine runs on four AA batteries or optional PSA-series adaptor
- CB-EG10 gig bag included
Pricing and Availability
The EURUS GS-1 will be available in the US starting in October 2021, priced at $2,199.99 USD.