Electro-Harmonix has introduced the Intelligent Harmony Machine Harmonizer / Pitch Shifter Pedal, a pitch-shifting harmonizer that lets you automatically create diatonic two- and three-part harmonies.
Diatonic harmonies or chords are ones based on the standard notes of the scale in a key.
The Intelligent Harmony Machine also performs polyphonic pitch shifts, so the pitch shifts you dial up are applied to chords as well as single notes. A Major/Minor switch lets you select whether 2nds and 3rds will be major or minor.
- Compact harmony generating & pitch-shifting
- “Impeccable” tracking and musical tone
- Two distinct modes: Intelligent Harmony and Polyphonic
- Intelligent Harmony Mode generates diatonic harmonies in a set key based on the single notes you play. Key Selector and #/- switches provide access to all 12 keys
- In Polyphonic Override Mode you can play single notes and chords. The IHM’s 11-position Interval Selector switch lets you select the harmony
- In Momentary Mode the effect is only active when the footswitch is depressed. Choose from instant shifts or set the time it takes the signal to sweep up and down
- Mix control sets the mix between your dry and shifted signals. Dry output adds signal routing and control options and flexibility
- Comes equipped with an EHX 9 Volt power supply, can also run on 9 Volt battery
Pricing and Availability
The Intelligent Harmony Machine is available now for $230.
5 thoughts on “Electro-Harmonix Intelligent Harmony Machine Automatically Creates Diatonic Harmonies”
Could be good with a mono synth for one-finger players like me.
I can recommend the EHX Pitch Fork for that.
The harmonizers like this that do key specific harmonies are great for faking chords on analog mono synths, you can do thirds and it gets the minors and majors right. The ‘dumb’ pitch shifters just do major or minor no matter what note you play, same with just tuning one of the synth’s vco’s to a third harmony, it never works unless you only play a couple notes in the scale.
Electro-Harmonix makes brilliant pedals. Sounds delicious!
Pretty amazing how well this tracks, even polyphonic & subtle vibrato.