midiphy has announced the availability of the MatriX Graphical MIDI Sequencer and Isomorphic Keyboard.
midiphy MatriX extends existing midiphy (or MIDIbox) sequencers with a large 17×17 button/LED matrix for graphical sequencing and more. The grid can also be used as an isomorphic sequencer to control your MIDI instruments.
The video intro, embedded above, covers these topics:
00:03 Introducing the midiphy MatriX
00:50 Graphical Sequence Composition
01:44 Editing Notes and Joystick Composition
02:38 Clip Navigation and Grid Modes
03:34 High-Res Edits and Quantization
04:20 Isomorphic Keys: Pentatonic Intermezzo
04:51 Macro Screen (LoopA Comannd Center)
08:02 Force-To-Scale (and Note Color Labels)
09:01 Scale Mode
10:01 Isomorphic Keys Tip: Geometric Playing
10:48 Keys Mode Controllers
12:29 Outro: Six Track Jam
- 289 (17×17) RGB-backlit and light|shielded mechanical keys with custom keycaps for optimal light dispersion.
- Full-color 128×128 high-end OLED display running at 60Hz for info and graphical sequence/clip previewing.
- Extra sliders and buttons for parameter entry and additional functions.
- Two bidirectional MIDI ports and a dedicated button to switch between them.
- Dedicated navigation joystick for moving selections, scrolling through clips/sequences and more!
- High-performance STM32F4 MCU using RTOS as a software base for a responsive and fluid user experience.
- Full midiphy SEQ v4+ and MIDIbox SEQ v4 support – compatible with existing BLM 16×16+X protocol.
- Enhanced LoopA support: advanced editor with note color mapping and pan/zoom controls (microtiming), 160 scales (with note quantization), reassignable isomorphic keyboard and performance controls.
Pricing and Availability
midiphy MatriX is available now as a DIY kit for 1,189.99 € (includes VAT). Outside of the EU, the MatriX essential kit (without VAT) is 999,99€, with free shipping for the first batch.
27 thoughts on “midiphy MatriX Graphical MIDI Sequencer & Isomorphic Keyboard Now Available”
We just want a midi only hardware cubase style sequencer for our hardware gear.
Thanks for posting this news!
Just as a quick info, the export price for non-EU orders of the MatriX essential kit (without VAT) is 999,99€ with a free shipping deal for the first batch of midiphy MatriCes 🙂
Peter from midiphy.com
Goodness had nothing to do with it. –Mae West
Hahaha your reply made my day. Thanks for the smile.
This reminds me of .. drat … several years ago, Yamaha or Sony had a music generator thingie like this, named something opaque like “Ono Sendai” (but not that). Anyhow, this looks similar. I think.
Thanks, that’s it! This matriX thing looks like fun, but if I bring home yet another experimental controller, I think my wife really might finally make good on her threat to slit my throat.
Tenori On was an AIO groovebox/lightshow …thing. Think this is only a controller.
btw the same designer made a game on the Nintendo DS handheld system, with various sound/synth/games based on the same ideas… its pretty fun
Is that the correct price?
You need some parts from Mouser. ~230€
Not sure of the interest for this.
For 1000 EUR you have the beast that is the Deluge, that is capable of so much more, and that is already built !
yes, but the deluge has NOOOOOOO DIIIIIIIIIISSSSSPLLLLLLAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!
rip polyend sequencer
as a seq owner, this hurt.
speaker has an austrian dialect.
for that price you can purchase several akai fires and chain them together (using fl studio, of course). that should do the same.
and it would be absolutely nothing like this. that’s an asinine take lol
wow. it is absolutely beautiful. i want i need.
the fractal animations on the screen and the LED buttons is crazy… im always in amazement at controllers like this, id love to be so immersed in my music where I could actually use something like this, let alone afford it and be comfortable banging on it as a daily thing
Why a 17×17 grid?
Wouldn’t 16×16 make more sense, or am I missing something?
Yes, you missed something. It is 16×16 with an extra single row and column.
Ah, that makes sense.
the selector portions
This is sick!