Modal Electronics has introduced a new addition to their COBALT Series, the COBALT5S.
The COBALT5S features MPE support, 16 quick-access smooth rotary switch encoders, a 37-note compact-key keybed with aftertouch, and an X/Y/Z Touchpad for pitch bend, mod wheel and/or modulation assignments. Other features include a realtime/step sequencer with four animation lanes and a programmable arpeggiator.
- The Engine – Featuring five true polyphonic voices, two independent algorithm groups, up to 8 oscillators per voice, 40 complex algorithms, including Sync, Ring Modulation, Waveform Morphng and many more.
- ‘Next-Generation’ Filter – The COBALT5S features the same self-oscillating 4-Pole Morphable Ladder Filter from the COBALT8. Four separate filter modes fuse with mainstay controls for Cutoff and Resonance, alongside a Morph parameter to musically manipulate the frequency response of the filter.
- Modulation Control – Three envelopes, complete with selectable types, take command of the filter, amp or modulation destinations. One Polyphonic LFO and one Global LFO let you control a wide range of modulation sources, selected via an 8-slot modulation matrix.
- Performance Control – The COBALT5S offers a 512-note realtime/step-sequencer, complete with 4 animation lanes, with a built-in programmable 32-step advanced arpeggiator. It also supports MPE, for users with a compatible MPE controller.
- MODALapp – Available as a standalone app for macOS, Windows, iOS, iPadOS or Android systems and in VST3 and AU plug-in formats, it lets you do deep editing of sound and performance parameters, manage your sound library and manage patches and sequences.
Pricing and Availablity
COBALT5S can is available now for pre-order with an MSRP of $449 /€449/£379, with estimated shipping within the next 2 weeks.