ESI has introduced the planet 22c, a compact interface box that provides 2 analog input and 2 analog output channels at reference audio quality in a Dante IP audio network.
Dante is a standard for routing audio over IP, making it possible to send multiple channels of high-end audio over standard Ethernet cables.
The planet 22c is equipped with 24-bit / 96kHz analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters, supporting balanced line audio signals with home (-10dBV) and professional (+4dBu) signal levels. This makes planet 22c ideal to interface any analog equipment such as a traditional mixer, studio monitors or PA speakers, synthesizers or other electronic instruments with the Dante world.
It can be powered not only via the included 12V DC power adapter but also directly from the Ethernet cable as a PoE (Power over Ethernet) device. This is perfect when using it in a remote location. It can also be integrated into a modern music studio when using the optional Dante Virtual Soundcard (DVS) software for PC or Mac.
- Dante network audio interface with 2 analog inputs and 2 analog outputs
- reference level audio quality for professional applications
- supports -10dBV (consumer) and +4dBu (professional) audio levels for input and output
- balanced analog inputs (TRS, 6.3mm, 1/4″)
- BurrBrown PCM1804DB 24-bit stereo ADC with 110dB dynamic range (A-weighted)
- maximum input level: +6dBV (-10dBV setting), +20dBu (+4dBu setting)
- input frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 0.1dB
- balanced analog outputs (TRS, 6.3mm, 1/4″)
- BurrBrown PCM1796DB 24-bit stereo DAC with 120dB dynamic range (A-weighted)
- maximum output level: +6dBV (-10dBV setting), +20dBu (+4dBu setting)
- output frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/- 0.05dB
- supports 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz at 24-bit
- latency based on network configuration, typically around 1ms
- power supply via network cable (PoE / Power over Ethernet)
- optional 12V DC power supply included
- dimensions: around 10.5cm x 11cm x 2.5cm
- weight: around 236g
Pricing and Availability:
The ESI planet 22c Dante audio interface is available now for EUR 279.
3 thoughts on “ESI Launches Planet 22c Audio Interface”
Nice, but I need 48-bit/384kHz. Maybe next time.
i bought a midi thru box from Esi once, turned out they were the only brand of these boxes not handling any System exclusive data.
Seriously? They fixed that problem last decade.