Make Noise has officially introduced the XPO Stereo Prismatic Oscillator, a Voltage Controlled Analog Oscillator designed for generating Sine waves, Triangle waves, Sawtooth and Spike waves, Sub-Octaves, Stereo Timbre Modulations (including Pulse Width Modulation and Wavefolding), Oscillator SYNC, Linear FM and more in the analog domain.
The Make Noise XPO was introduced via a July 17 live streamed event from Perfect Circuit. You can view the introduction, featuring Make Noise founder Tony Rolando, via the video embedded above. It’s the first Eurorack module that they’ve introduced since they debuted the Mimeophon in 2019.
The XPO is designed to be the Stereo VCO complement to the Make Noise QPAS Stereo Filter. The two modules share the core idea of complex circuits being controlled in multiple dimensions in the stereo field by a few powerful parameters.
The Stereo Prismatic Oscillator also makes a useful complement for the STO, Mimeophon, and X-PAN.
- Stereo Analog VCO with eleven simultaneous outputs (five mono outs and three stereo pairs)
- Modulate Timbre via Stereo Pulse-Width Modulation, Stereo Vari-Timbre, and Stereo Wavefolding
- Sine, Triangle, Sawtooth, Spike, and SUB mono outs
- Unique Mono versions of all Stereo Waveforms via Left output normalizations
- Modulate Left and Right channels together or separately thanks to normalization and attenuverters
- Center parameter adds additional timbre control to both sides of Vari-Timbre and Wavefolded outputs
- Linear FM Bus features voltage-control over FM depth and a normalization of SUB to FM input for easy GROWL
- Unique SYNC circuit
- Two 1v/oct inputs for transposition, melody stacking, or richest FM
- Expo FM input with attenuverter
- Designed to pair well with QPAS, Mimeophon, and X-PAN
The official audio demo for the Make Noise XPO, embedded below, is scheduled to debut July 20th, 2022.
Pricing and Availability
Details on pricing and availability for the Make Noise XPO are still to be announced, but they’re planning on a September release.