Cherry Audio and MRB have introduced the Miniverse Module Collection, an expansion of the Miniverse virtual instrument into 14 flexible modules for use with the Voltage Modular platform.
In a nutshell, the Miniverse Modules make the Moog Minimoog modular as a collection of modules for the Voltage Modular virtual synth platform. And it’s polyphonic!
Here’s what they have to say about it:
“It retains all the classic tone and mojo that made the original Mini great while freeing users of the fixed ‘hard-wired’ limitations of the original. Poly module versions are also included for up to 16-note polyphony, giving users the ability to design the ultimate Mini of their dreams.
The Miniverse Module Collection components have been expertly adapted to the modular workflow. Award-winning synth designer Mark Barton’s (MRB) proprietary DSP coding reproduces every sonic nuance, every curve, and every response of the audio based on the original hardware. In addition, polyphonic module versions of the oscillator, mixer, filter, glide, contour, and VCA sections are included for up to 16-voice polyphony via poly jacks.”
The 14 module Miniverse Module Collection includes:
- Miniverse Oscillator and Poly Miniverse Oscillator modules super accurately replicate the famously brawny sounds of the original Mini.
- Miniverse Filter and Poly Miniverse Filter are 24dB/oct, lowpass filters based on the famous transistor ladder filter.
- Miniverse Glide and Poly Miniverse Glide modules allows notes to slide smoothly from one pitch to the next and Mini’s unique glide unique asymmetrical glide characteristics are accurately emulated.
- Miniverse Mixer and Poly Miniverse Mixer are four-channel mixers, usable with audio or CV signals.
- Miniverse Contour and Poly Miniverse Contour are ADS envelope generators used to dynamically shape note volume, filter cutoff, or any other voltage-controlled mod destination.
- Miniverse Noise faithfully replicates the Mini’s noise section. It’s not apparent from the front panel, but the original instrument actually contains white, pink, and red noise generators.
- Miniverse VCA and Poly Miniverse VCA replicate the unique mojo of the original Mini circuit. They are usable with audio or CV signals.
- Miniverse A-440 module replicates the Mini’s unique tuning reference oscillator circuit.
Pricing and Availability
The Miniverse Module Collection is available now, with an introductory price of $39 (list $59). A 50% discount from the $39 price is available for customers who previously purchased the Miniverse instrument. For those new to the Voltage Modular platform, it’s fully compatible with our FREE Voltage Modular Nucleus Edition, with no operational limitations. A free seven-day demo of Miniverse Module Collection is also available. T