Roland today announced the SPD-SX PRO Sampling Pad, the new flagship model in their long-running SPD series.
The SPD-SX PRO offers customizable trigger LEDs, increased audio outputs and trigger inputs, massive onboard memory and more.
The SPD-SX PRO features nine pads with Roland’s latest sensing technology, including three shoulder pads with revised sensor structures for increased sensitivity when the instrument is mounted at a shallow angle.
In addition, improved crosstalk protection throughout prevents accidental triggering of other pads.
Pad-dividing trigger LEDs increase visibility on stage and help players organize kit setups. Custom colors can be assigned to any of the horizontal or vertical LEDs. Colors can be renamed and combined with tags to group kicks, snares, backing tracks, and other sounds for easy identification. The horizontal LEDs can also be set to light in various ways to suit the performance application.
The SPD-SX PRO’s interface includes a 4.3-inch color LCD and hands-on controls with backlighting for easy operation on stage. The LCD provides access to deep parameters and shows essential info such as A/B layers, WAV sample names, sample playback progress, and more.
With 32 GB of internal memory, the SPD-SX PRO holds nearly 44 hours of crystal-clear 48 kHz/16-bit stereo audio. Users can load 48/44.1 kHz WAV, AIFF, and MP3 files with varying bit rates, and the SPD-SX PRO will automatically convert them to its native audio format, simplifying the process of importing sounds.
- Nine pads with Roland’s advanced trigger technology, including six large pads and three top-row shoulder pads
- High-visibility, horizontal and vertical LEDs with multi-color customization
- Increased shoulder pad sensitivity and improved crosstalk performance
- 4.3-inch color display for easy navigation and viewing during performance
- Import 48/44.1 kHz (16-/24-/32-bit) WAV/AIFF files and MP3s (32–320 kbps) with automatic conversion to 48 kHz/16-bit upon loading
- Stereo main output, four direct mono outputs, balanced for easy mixing on stage
- Connectivity for up to eight external individual triggers/pads (four stereo triggers or eight mono triggers with Y-cables)
- Dedicated SPD-SX PRO App for Windows/Mac for easy importing, managing samples, and deep kit editing
- 32 GB of internal storage for samples, backing tracks, and click tracks
- Input for hi-hat or footswitch expression control
- Connect hi-hats, kick, and snare for a ‘mini drum kit’ setup
- Up to 200 kit patches (43 erasable preset kits and 157 user kits)
- Over 1550 pre-loaded, high-quality samples and sounds
- 16-step pad sequencer function
- Onboard effects engine with up to four effects in parallel, plus side chain with output routing
- Built-in click/metronome
- Create in real time by recording performances as WAV files and assigning them to pads
Availability & Pricing
The Roland SPD-SX PRO will be available in the U.S. in October for $1,199.99.