Gamechanger Audio has announced that the new Motor Synth II, an updated version of the company’s unique electro-mechanical synthesizer, is now available.
The Motor Synth II offers expanded capabilities, including separate multi-mode analog filters, redesigned modulation section, an additional digital voice equipped with a separate envelope, portamento section, and digital multimode filter.
- The MOTOR Synth offers two separate MOTOR Voices, with 4 Electromotor oscillators each – both voices can operate in mono, unison or in four-note polyphonic mode.
- Both Motor voices are equipped with a separate analogue multimode filter section with adjustable DRIVE, CUTOFF, RESONANCE, ENVELOPE SHAPE & AMOUNT and FILTER TYPE.
- There are four analogue filter types – 24 dB LP, 12 dB BP, 12 dB HP, 12 dB AP (All-Pass). The new analog filter circuits have increased headroom, improved envelope response speed and a very precise analog Keytrack mode with adjustable depth, direction and filter “glide”.
- The MOTOR Synth MK II features an additional third voice – a digital engine that can be used either independently, or to augment the raw sound of the MOTOR Voices. The Digital engine (DCO) can be used to produce various classic waveforms (with waveshaping), or as a noise generator.
- The DCO is also equipped with a separate, fully controllable AMP ENVELOPE, PORTAMENTO section, and its own Digital multimode Filter designed to reproduce the 4 analog filter modes.
- The MOTOR Synth has a single output jack that can be configured either as mono, or as a stereo output – thus routing the synth’s two motor voices into separate channels. The digital voice can also be routed to the V1 or V2 outputs, or to both.
- Dedicated center indent potentiometer for creating amplitude cross-modulation with either Voice 1 or Voice 2. The Detune / Drift knob gives you two kinds of oscillator detune effects.
- Powerful modulation section that includes 3 individual LFOs with adjustable positive and negative depth controls. Each LFO can be easily assigned to almost any knob or encoder value on two independent modulation slots A and B.
- Five independent modulation waveforms available for each LFO – each with a detailed waveshaping engine.
- Powerful arpeggiator engine offers detailed control over a large variety of parameters, including note accent, pattern shift, note repeat and more.
- Multiple independent motion Record lanes assignable to all sound parameters.
- A built-in monophonic sequencer engine with controls for micro-timing, probability, ratchets, pattern length, pattern saving and chaining and much more.
- Non-velocity sensitive 8 key keyboard with 4 pitch shift encoders – this is a small but powerful note input system with a lot of performance tricks up its sleeve. Alternatively, the MOTOR Synth is fully MIDI and CV compatible and can be used with all of your favorite keyboards (incl. poly-aftertouch), controllers and sequencers.
Pricing and Availability
The Motor Synth II is available now, in limited quantities, for $3,299.00.