Universal Audio has introduced Hitsville Reverb Chambers, a plug-in emulation of the reverb chambers used by the producers of Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, The Supremes, and others.
Hitsville studio’s attic-converted reverb chambers were essential to Motown’s iconic sound. With help from the original engineers who built them, UA has captured the character and ambience of the spaces heard on some of the greatest soul recordings ever made.
“The sound of Motown music lives in all of our heads,” says Bill Putnam Jr., CEO of Universal Audio. “The attic chambers at Hitsville were crucial to the emotion of those classic recordings, and we couldn’t be happier to bring those same inspiring reverb effects to a new generation of music creators.”
Hitsville Reverb Chambers features simple controls, allowing users to quickly dial in classic reverb sounds on vocals and instruments. And with Dynamic Room Modeling technology, users can go deeper by repositioning the chamber mics to explore new sounds beyond the original positions.
Available for Apollo/UAD hardware owners and UAD Spark subscribers, Hitsville Reverb Chambers comes alongside PolyMAX Synthesizer and C-Suite C-Axe Noise Suppressor in UAD software v10.2.
- The only reverb chamber emulations officially licensed by the Hitsville U.S.A. studio
- Dial in rich-sounding ambience on vocals, drums, and more using two distinctly different custom-built chambers
- Customize your reverbs quickly with simple hi/lo crossover, width, depth, and mix controls
- Explore new sounds by repositioning Hitsville Reverb Chamber’s mics using UA’s Dynamic Room Modeling
- Available natively via UAD Spark subscription ($19.99/month) or as a perpetual license ($349) for UA Apollo and UAD Accelerator owners (UAD, AAX, VST, AU)
- Owners of the perpetual UAD plug-in can download the native version for free
Pricing and Availability:
Hitsville Reverb Chambers is available now for $349 USD.