Expressive E has announced that it’s now shipping initial units of its flagship Osmose expressive synthesizer, and that it has re-opened pre-orders.
Osmose is a polyphonic synthesizer that unlocks new ways to control sound. It features a powerful sound engine, created in collaboration with Haken Audio, creators of the Continuum synthesizer.
Here’s what they have to say about it:
“Expressive E are thrilled to announce the delivery of the first Osmose units to early adopters of the project. The first products had already been delivered in late 2022 and early backers’ shipments will keep flowing continuously.
Expressive E have thus decided to reopen pre-orders on January 5th 2023 for all musicians interested in purchasing Osmose. The pre-order scheme has been reconducted to allow Expressive E to anticipate demand as efficiently as possible and organize their production schedules accordingly.
Despite a tense economical environment driven by inflation, component shortages and the resurgence of epidemics, the company will still commit to guaranteeing a $/€1,799 retail price, within the limits of allocated stocks.”
- 49 full-size keys with three-dimensional control
- Standalone synthesizer, MPE MIDI Controller, and classic MIDI Controller
- EaganMatrix, a digital modular engine by Haken Audio Up to 24 voices
- Color LCD screen, pitch and modulation sliders
- 2 continuous pedal inputs, assignable to sustain or synth parameters
- DIN MIDI In, MIDI Out/Thru, USB Type B
- Two 1/4″ TS pseudo balanced line outputs, 1/4″ TRS headphone output
- External PSU with lockable connector, 12V, 1.5A, center positive
Expressive E has also released a series of new demo and performance videos, embedded above.
Pricing and Availability
The Osmose is available to pre-order, priced at $1,799 USD.