Behringer today announced that the Edge – their knockoff of the Moog DFAM drum synth – is now shipping, with a retail price of $199.
The company had announced in March that the Edge was ‘ready to ship‘. It’s not clear why it takes Behringer two and half months to go from ‘ready to ship’ to ‘shipping’, but it may be that they want to ship enough stock to retailers to meet initial demand.
- Analog semi-modular percussion synthesizer
- Analog signal path
- Dual VCOs with pulse and triangle waves, oscillator sync and FM
- Dual 8-step sequencer with pitch and velocity controls
- White/pink noise source and external input
- Multi-mode 24 dB resonant ladder filter with low and high-pass plus cutoff modulation by noise
- 3 separate decay envelopes for pitch, filter cutoff and amplitude for detailed control
- Sequencer speed with up to 10,000 BPM allows for audio range waveform generation
- Semi-modular design with default routings requires no patching for immediate performance
- 15 x 10 I/O matrix
- 44 controls give you direct and real-time access to important parameters
- Multiple clocking sources including MIDI/USB for synchronization with other equipment
- Time division control featuring 8 different rates
- MIDI support with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
Pricing and Availability:
Behringer says the Edge is ‘in stock and immediately shipping’, with a list price of $199.
25 thoughts on “Behringer Edge Now Shipping With $199 List Price”
Typical crap from clone clown king knockoff: b-ear-ringer, how low can ya go¡ for two C-notes worth of rock bottom shite¡ kid’s what a joke folks
“clone clown king knockoff”?
I think he meant “Clown King Clone Knockoff”. lol
Please point to us in this teddy bear where the big bad B monster hurt you.
I have to wonder how many of these hater comments are actually Uli sock puppets practicing reverse psychology, because the more of them I read the more I want to buy Behringer stuff.
I try not to let mentally ill people influence my buying decisions, but you do you.
Hello, thank you for your very intellectual comment, you must be very proud.
There’s some charm to Cheepnis, even if it can bite yer arse. Its interesting to see who beefs up their rigs with a couple of B-synths and swears by them, versus those who want to dump them off a cliff. Its also easier on parents who only want Baby’s First Synth to run $300 instead of $2800+.
cheepnis is an awesome performance. roxy and elsewhere is brilliant.
more OT: at least they added reset to MIDI, and real knobs for pitch and velocity. DFAM crippled those as well.
behringer gear is so fucking cheap dude
im about to buy some
hey where are those tiny desktop clone things (not moog)
behringer needs to clone the OP-1…
that would be S O G O O D
It has MIDI. Seems cool.
Nice and slim like the Crave
I’ve just ordered one.
£159 from Andertons. I think that’s a fantastic price.
Yes, I know Behringer are bad for various reason. However, I have their Crave and Neutron synths and they’re both fun, creative and sound great. That’s all that really matters to me. Having fun making sounds.
I’m sure the Edge will give me hours of fun.
I love Behringer, making classic synths affordable for everyone I’m all in
vst in a box
behringer needs to clone the OP-1
for this would be perfection itself
Admin: Off-topic comment deleted.
Also, you’re commenting using multiple names (dont cry, Sabazios, etc), which results in your comments being flagged for moderation. Using a single identify will minimize the possibility of your comments being treated as spam.
Keep comments on topic and constructive.
I’ll get one to pair with my DFAM.
Surprised not a lot of people are talking about this here. Anything about Behringer here gets hundreds of people commenting.
Just wait until the news of the SPICE drops on this website!
Then everyone will be out! I’m getting the beers in ready to watch this one!
Need my Subharmonicon clone too
ill be selling my DFAM to buy this and use the spare money on Moog raffle tickets
Hopefully it’s made well like the 2600…I have one held.And yes..it has MIDI.