AudioKit developer Matthew Fecher let us know that they’ve released a new app for iOS, Super Ninja Entertainment Synth (SNESynth), that they call “the ultimate Chiptune and 16-Bit video game synth”.
SNESynth is built on AudioKit, an open-source synthesis project, and based on samples from vintage hardware sound chips.
- 2,500+ samples made for this app
- Standalone app & iOS AUv3 Plugin
- Over 400+ presets
- Real Synth Engine, including Pulse Width Modulation (PWM is the heart of chiptune sounds)
- Use as an AUv3 (AudioUnit Plugin) in iOS DAWs such as Logic, GarageBand, Cubasis, AUM, more
- Fun free-running step sequencer
- Record your melodies, and sounds and export.
- 16-bit Synth, Drum, and Sound FX sounds included
- Over 1 GB of sounds compressed to under 120 mb
- Use with MIDI keyboard or iOS MIDI host
- Includes full lifetime license for both iPhone & iPad
Here’s an intro from The Sound Test Room:
Pricing and Availability
SNESynth is available now with an intro price of $2.99 USD (normally $14.99).