Instasampler is a new free sampler for OS X.
The plugin takes its samples (instantly) from the audio input whenever you hit a specific MIDI note for the first time. Every consecutive time you hit the same MIDI-note, it plays back the recorded fragment (or shorter, depending on the note’s length).
When you play the sampled fragments, you have the possibility to vary the following:
- velocity – Playback volume
- attack and release – Both attack & release times are configurable
- floor – The level of the input audio which is passed along unaffected when no samples are played
- playback speed – Speed up or – down the sample playback using the pitchbend control with a configurable range
- reverse playback – Playback in reverse
You can hear an example of Instasampler in action below.