LinPlug has released the SaxLab 2 Saxophone Synthesizer for Mac OSX. The PC version has been available since late June of this year.
SaxLab uses a mixture of various synthesis techniques to obtain create a realistic sax sound.
The main features of SaxLab 2 are:
- High-Quality Soundsets for bass, baritone, tenor, alto and soprano saxophone.
- Monophonic with real sax behavior
- Adjustable mix of the Air layer, the Keys layer and the main tonal layer
- User-definable, velocity-sensitive amplitude envelope
- Tonal characteristics of the instruments overall sound can be defined by the user
- Real-time control of amplitude, brightness and the roaring of the sound.
- Three modes of mono performance: Legato, Retrigger and Alternate
- Separate control of Up/Down PitchBend and Scoop
- Adjustable pitch, air and body frequency deviation per note
- Envelope, LFO and MIDI-controlled vibrato and tremolo
- Specialized Stereo Chorus and Stereo Reverb effects
- Full Micro Tuning capability (loads TUN files)
- MidiLearn available for every control
- Sample accurate timing, full automation and settings are saved with the song
- Macintosh™: Mac OSX™ 10.3 or newer, 700 MHz or higher CPU, 512 Mb RAM
- PC: Windows XP™ or newer, 700 MHz or higher CPU, 512 Mb RAM
The license fee is $199/€149 including a 38 page manual in English, French and German. The upgrade from SaxLab 1 and is $49/€39. A demo version is available.