Atlanta-based Rowdy Electronics, through a joint venture with Nashville’s BKE (Beat Kangz Electronics), has announced that the Beat Thang will go on sale exclusively at Best Buy on July 17, 2011, as a limited edition, with a suggested retail price of $1,500.
Producer Dallas Austin will be co-hosting pre-release parties with Best Buy in Nashville, Atlanta, New York and Miami to demonstrate the Beat Thang for industry VIP’s.
“We’ll be showing everyone how you can sing into it, play keyboards into it, put beats into it – anything,” he says. “We’ll also have a few for pre-order because once we hit the release date, it’s anyone’s guess how many will be available to the industry. We only produced 1,000 units and the buzz is running pretty hot.”
- One octave pad layout with 8 banks so you can bang out beats or play the keys.
- 16 tracks so you can create patterns that can be performed and remixed on the fly.
- 16 layers of velocity sensitivity for emotive performance.
- High Quality Sampler & waveform editing. Onboard sampler & resampler.
- Edit sample start and end times. Process samples using features like normalize, reverse and resample.
- Easy to use Realtime Sequencer. Create patterns in real time using quantize, swing, individual bar lengths, tap tempo then string them together in SONG mode.
- Mixer with built in FX Change track, pad and pan levels.
- Add 24bit reverb, delay, flange, phaser, pitch shift, old record and many more.
- Add BANG with onboard mastering.
- Export your songs as .wav files or save them to your Beat Kangz Playa Thang equipped iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Rechargeable internal battery.
- Pitch and Mod wheel.
- 2 high speed SD card slots.
- 256 MB Ram Stock.
- Connects seamless with Beat Thang Software.
- Rugged all metal chassis
The Beat Kangz originally announced the Beat Thang in 2009. Since that time, The Beat Kangz have released a virtual Beat Thang and several software add-ons.