Native Instruments has updated Reaktor, a modular studio for Windows and Mac, to version 5.6.
It’s a fairly significant update, with a streamlined user interface, two new synthesis modules (additive and modal), a more powerful audio engine and improved documentation (yes!).
In addition, NI is including Electronic Instruments 1 & 2 with Reaktor now, along with the Lazerbass monophonic synthesizer.
Changes since version 5.5 include:
- 64-bit support for Windows and Mac OSX.
- Improved navigation concept.
- Added ‘breadcrumb’ navigation to structure view.
- Added searchbox to add modules.
- New 800-page module reference manual.
- Scrolling of structures with Alt+Drag over structure.
- Added hide frame and transparency property to XY module.
- Added drag copy to other structure view.
- Recorder shows recorded time when recording.
- Add abort function to file not found dialog on project recall.
- Improved loading time for ensembles with many Send/Receive terminals.
- PNG file support for picture modules.
Reaktor retails for US $399.