Boutique synth maker AtomoSynth has introduced Mochika XL – a translucent sequencer + synthesizer combination.
- The Mochika XL synth features one analog square and saw waveform VCO (voltage controled oscillator), with a pitch range, from subsonic to ultrasonic sound.
- Glide effect with a large range.
- One square and triangle waveform LFO (low frequency oscillator), that modulates the VCO for the vibrato effect or the VCF for a tremolo effect, creating old school arcade Atari-like sounds.
- White noise generator that triggers the VCO and can create percussion like sounds, or mix the the noise with the VCO.
- Built in vactrol based Low Pass and High Pass Filter with cut off and peak controls and a envelope generator with decay control.
- Built in 8 step sequencer with global gate time control, note on/off switch and pitch slider for each step.
- The built in sequencer also has 8 playing modes:
- Oscillator mode, the Mochika becomes a drone oscillator, you can switch in real time between the 8 notes tweaking a knob.
- 4 step, 6 step, and 8 step sequencer mode.
- 4 step, 6 step, and 8 step forth and back sequence mode.
- Random mode, it generates a large pseudo random sequence.
- The Mochika XL features a MIDI input to sync it any midi device sending midi clock signals, the mochika can sync 1, 2, 4 and up to 8 times the tempo of the master clock midi device.
- All the Mochika sequencer modes, except oscillator mode, can be midi synchronized.
- The instrument is lit with 1 bright red led that indicates the LFO Rate, and 8 red leds to indicate the step that is being played.
- The Analog Sequencer is packed in a laser cut clear acrylic case.
- The instrument is powered directly from 110V or 220V AC.
- Dimensions: 177mm(W), 228 mm(D), 80mm(H. included rubber feet and knobs)
Details at the Atomolabs site.