Simian Squared have released Physynth – a new software synth that ‘turns your iPad or iPad 2 into a piece of real vintage synth hardware’. So authentic, in fact, that MIDI support is missing in action!
Here’s what Simian has to say about Physynth:
Physynth by Simian2 (an amalgam of ‘physics’ and ‘synthesizer’) heralds a landmark moment in music creativity, combining cutting-edge user-created physics with an AAA quality game graphics engine for unparalleled immersion, Physynth brings traditional music applications out of the stone age and sets the bar very high for all other creativity apps to be judged.
Created as a live experimental instrument and musician’s sketchpad, Physynth enables the musician to toy with new concepts, melodies, rhythms and unexpected aural pleasures using the power of physics and experimental design in an organic, fluid manner.
Physynth features a beautiful hand-crafted real 3D music hardware with custom shaders tailored especially for iPad and iPad2, Physynth really is vintage hardware in the palm of your hand. A labour of love and effort, Simian2 have brought something that can only be experienced first-hand, into your hands.
Is Physynth ‘unparalleled’? If you’ve tried it, leave a comment and let us know what you think.
- Four-track Soundscaping.
- Vintage hardware design with groundbreaking 3D tilt-camera, lighting and next-gen graphics.
- Realtime melody or rhythm over-dub.
- Physics-triggered sample engine with useradjustable parameters.
- A wide range of beautiful sounding instruments.
- Realtime mixing with pan and volume control.
- Realtime Reverb and Chorus digital special effects.
- Melody-Mode to allow use as a traditional musical keyboard.
Physynth is available in the App Store for $2.99.
Note: The developers say that CoreMIDI support is on the way.