iZotope has introduced Iris, a new sampling re-synthesizer that lets you visually transform sound:
Start by dissecting up to three distinctive audio samples, using Iris’s spectrogram display and easy selection tools to spotlight the most interesting spectral characteristics. Blend and layer your modifed samples, then beef up their impact with a choice of suboscillator waveforms.
Still hungry for more? Add attitude and dimension to your creation by applying iZotope’s world-class effects and processors, including chorus, reverb, delay, distortions, and flters.
In addition to its visual synthesis tools, Iris has more traditional synth options, like amplitude envelopes, LFOs, root note detection and key mapping.
- Discover what’s inside any sound: Load audio into Iris and explore spectral details that a regular waveform locks away.
- Highlight what intrigues you: Extract and isolate the most interesting sonic components with a full suite of visual selection tools.
- Layer diverse sound sources into unique combinations.
- Use intelligent root note detection to help shape musical material from noise, ambient textures and soundscapes.
- iZotope reverbs, distortions and delays
- Spark your imagination with over 500 patches.
Here’s a video introduction to iZotope Iris:
This next video offers a general overview of Iris:
Finally, the last video demonstrates sound design with Iris:
Iris is currently available for $149; regular price is $249.
If you’ve used iZotope Iris, let us know what you think of it.