Akai Pro just released this series of videos, which take an in-depth look at the Max49 USB MIDI/CV Keyboard Controller.
The Akai Pro Max49 was one of the most interesting introductions at this year’s NAMM Show, because it offers a unique combination of MPC pads, LED faders and control voltage output.
The first video, above, offers an introduction to the main features of the Max49.
The next video looks at pads, keys & the arpeggiator:
The third video looks at using the Akai Pro Max49 control voltage outputs to drive analog gear:
- 49 semi-weighted keys with Aftertouch for complete musical expression
- Built-in step sequencer for detailed track construction
- Expanded arpeggiator with latch and time division controls
- Included AkaiConnect software automatically maps to VST plugins
- 12 backlit, real MPC pads with MPC Note Repeat and MPC swing
- Eight backlit LED touch faders for gradual or instant parameter value changes
- Four pad banks & four fader banks provide a total of 80 assignable pads & faders
- CV & Gate outputs for use with vintage analog synths (1V/Oct)
- Large, centrally-positioned transport controls & rubberized pitch and modulation wheels
- Mackie Control & HUI modes provide instant compatibility with many DAWs