‘Give it to me! Come on! Ah!” That’s what we expect a lot of readers will be saying after watching this video intro for Bitwig Studio.
Bitwig Studio is a new multi-platform (Linux, Mac & Windows) digital audio workstation for producting, DJing and live performance.
Bitwig Studio was developed by a group of former Ableton employees and has many similarities with Live. The new app promises to leap-frog Ableton Live in several ways, though, including the ability to open multiple documents and multi-monitor support.
Check it out and let us know what you think!
- Multitrack recording – Record and produce your music in a super-fast, intuitive workflow. Bitwig Studio’s arranger is a mix of editing power, ease of use and flexibility.
- Arranger clip launcher – A non-linear environment that lets you trigger clips in real-time.
- Mixer clip launcher – An alternative view of the clip launcher aligned with the mixer, optimized for live performance and DJing.
- Hybrid tracks – In addition to audio and instrument tracks, you can also work with hybrid tracks. They accept any kind of material, allowing you to bounce note clips to audio in place.
- Clip automation – In addition to traditional track automation, automation can also be recorded and packaged inside clips, both on the clip launcher and the arranger.
- Per-note automation – Pitch variations can be applied to individual notes directly in the piano roll. You can also edit velocity, volume, pan and timbre in the expression lane.
- Simultaneous multitrack editing – Edit contents of multiple tracks together. You can see them all juxtaposed and isolate only the ones you want to edit.
- Multiple audio events per clip – An audio clip can contain multiple audio events. You can chop and edit audio files inside a clip non-destructively and loop it all as a package.
- Real-time time stretching – Bitwig Studio’s proprietary technology lets you match any audio material to the document tempo and get everything in sync.
- Device nesting – Devices can contain other devices, and the whole package can be saved as a preset. Many of our instruments and effects use nesting in new and powerful ways.
- 32/64 bit VST support – In case of a plug-in crash, a protective mechanism prevents the application from crashing and you from losing your work.
- Metadata-based browser – Find your musical material quickly. Add tags and search by content type.
- Open multiple documents – Exchange musical material between documents. Drag and drop, copy and paste back and forth.
- Multi-monitor support – Bitwig Studio offers flexible screensets to take full advantage of your monitor configuration.
Pricing and release date for Bitwig Studio are to be announced.